About Martin Luther Christian University (MLCU)
The pioneering Christian university in Meghalaya, MLCU commits itself to render service to the community and to provide its students with a high-quality education that will enable them to graduate as well-rounded professionals, to serve with purpose, integrity and efficiency anywhere in the world. As global citizens these students will provide the leadership for tomorrow. MLCU is sponsored by the National Lutheran Health and Medical Board (NLHMB), a registered trust established in 1986 and engaged in Health Care, Education, Community Outreach and Disaster Management. With job-oriented academic courses, MLCU is prepared to meet the challenges and requirements of the present-day workplace. MLCU emphasizes Skills and Experiential Learning and offers hands-on development projects for its students, to acquire not only knowledge and skills, but the real-life expertise needed to pursue gainful and fulfilling careers.
MLCU recognizes its opportunity and responsibility to contribute to the sustainable development of the region, participating in vocational education, healthcare, information and communication networks, agrisciences, environmental protection, disaster education, peace studies, and developmental projects. The university will collaborate with government, NGOs, community organizations, self-help groups and industry in the development of the community.
East West Center for Counselling
East-West Center for Counselling and Training is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. We are a counselling center and a counselling / therapy – training center. We registered under the Company Act 1956 (No.1 of 1956) in 2007. The Director is Magdalene Jeyarathnam. She has completed 25 years of counselling experience and has been training and supervising counsellors for almost 25 years. She and her team of counsellors practice high standards of ethics and are culturally sensitive.
Course Requirement is as follows:
· Students who have completed their Diploma in Expressive Arts Therapy are eligible to apply for M.Sc. Counselling Psychology course with a specialisation in Expressive Arts Therapy.
· The course is taught in English, students applying have to understand, read and speak English fairly well, if not the student needs to let us know how she/ he plans to write assignments etc.
· There should be a minimum of 80% attendance in the Psychology component and 100% attendance in Expressive Arts Therapy
· Completions of all assignments, and project work. All this is graded and the grade will appear on your certificate.
· Students get supervision either by skype / direct meetings with an assigned supervisor.
· Students will have to write and pass their exam papers at the end of each semester.
At the end of the course:
Students will receive a M.Sc. Counselling Psychology degree in specialization of Expressive Arts Therapy awarded by Martin Luther Christian University.
Calendar for 2022
|FEBRUARY||Martin Luther Christian University, Shillong|
|APRIL||East West Center for Counselling and training, Chennai|
|JUNE||East West Center for Counselling and training, Chennai|
|AUGUST||East West Center for Counselling and training, Chennai|
|OCTOBER||East West Center for Counselling and training, Chennai|
|DECEMBER||East West Center for Counselling and training, Chennai|
How much is the course fee?
Rs. 75,000/- will have to be directly paid to the Martin Luther Christian University.
For further details or clarifications kindly write or call us