Providing Therapy at our Centers
We are a team of professionally-trained counsellors. A number of our counsellors utilise Expressive Arts Therapy, Psychodrama, and other Arts Therapies. We have centers in Nungambakkam, Teynampet and Royapettah.
Our work with individuals
Our counsellors often work with clients on a one-to-one basis, on issues relating to inter-personal relationships, managing a distress, or dealing with a loss or trauma. We are available as a Crisis Management Center. Issues clients commonly come to us for include: Enhancing Communication Skills, Improving Self-Esteem and Interpersonal Relationships, Anger and Stress management, Handling loss and grief, and sexual orientation issues.
Our work with Couples
We do pre-marital couple work, enhancing marital life. We also work with couples who are planning to divorce, helping couples with children go through divorce causing minimum hurt to their children.
Our work with Groups
Our work with groups may involve a family group, a support group, or a group working on one particular issue (for examples, groups working on “Anger Management” or “Self-esteem”). The methodology and techniques we use are often artistic, unique, and result-oriented.
School / College Projects
East West Center for Counselling and Training works with School and College Managements closely in deputing our counsellors to work as School and College Counsellors for Students.
What we can do:
- Workshops for teachers on various challenges they face in classrooms.
- Workshops for parents.
- Workshops for children – Pre school to teenagers.
- Provide life skills training for children.
- Provide trained and efficient psychological counsellors.
- Provide training on child friendly interventions.
There are numerous advantages to hiring a Counselling Center, rather than a counsellor directly, including :
We ensure that there is unbiased intervention, and that Life skills education, Psychological testing, and referrals to Psychiatrists or Special educators can be a multi team approach.
- Child centered counselling– All of our counsellors are trained in Expressive Art therapy methods – Storytelling, drama, art, music, and other child-friendly methods.
- Ongoing Training– Update of information, laws pertaining to children, psychological tests updates, and re-freshing and developing counselling skills.
- Counselling supervisor– closely monitors the work of the counsellor to ensure ethical practices every week.
- Peer Supervision– All the counsellors meet to discuss the difficulties in managing specific client situations. Peers help to ensure a counsellor is on-track with each client.
- Consistent counselling servicefor each institution – In case of a counsellor being absent on sick / emergency basis, a temporary replacement counsellor will continue the work within one day.
- Documentation / Reporting formatsis well thought out and prepared for schools and colleges. All documentation is up-to-date because of the counselling supervision which happens every Saturday.
- Part time or Full time counsellorsdepending on the institution’s specific needs.
- Specific issues faced in a schoolcan be addressed by psychological support experts. Suicide attempt by a student, sudden death of a student, etc, would be addressed very sensitively.
Work within Corporates through HR departments
We provide Expressive Arts Therapists to corporates to work with employees and their families. We use Psychodrama techniques to build teams, and to assess team members. This methodology focusses on the similarities of individuals within groups, rather than on the differences within groups. This helps teams build trust, and therefore become more productive in quality and quantity. We run periodic training sessions on understanding sexual harassment at the workplace and give guidance to HR teams on policy development and orientation sessions for all levels of employees.