‘ Shiva Shakthi ‘ – The union of Sacred masculine and feminine consciousness that lies within us and throughourt the Cosmos.
Indian Institute of Psychodrama in Colloboration with The International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes (IAGP) Presents ‘ Shiva Shakthi ‘ – Group Psychotherapy using Psychodrama and Group analysis in India.
Join us to get an introduction to Group Psychotherapy!!
October 30th – 3rd Nov 2019
January 22nd – 26th 2020
March 18th – 22nd 2020
October 7th – 11th 2020
Timing: 9:30am – 4pm (registration begins at 9am)
Indian Institute of Psychodrama
7, Muchachi Mansion (3rd floor),
Kasthuri Estate 3rd street,
Chennai – 600086.
For 20 days : Rs. 20,000 (Euro 260 or USD 293)
To Register : CLICK HERE
IAGP is a worldwide network of professionals involved in the development and study of group psychotherapy and group process as applied to clinical practice, consultancy, education, scientific studies and socio-cultural settings. Stemming from the belief in the power of group practices and their role in healing individuals and transforming societies, IAGP uses its distinguished professional network to provide training programs in the field for different countries.
INTRODUCTION TO GROUP PSYCHOTHERAPY AND GROUP PROCESSES:
It is a course that introduces theories, applications and principles of group psychotherapy and group processes and that paves the way for more advanced development of professional structures and practice of group psychotherapy and group processes. Two methods of group psychotherapy and group processes are going to be applied: group analysis and psychodrama. Two formats of training are used: experiential and didactic. Group experience is a corner stone of the learning process. Participants will learn how to prepare, initiate, conduct and terminate their work with groups. Cultural considerations and ethical regulations are two main foundations of the course syllabus.
By the end of the course, trainees would be able to:
- Learn about the history of group analysis and psychodrama in the world and in one’s own field of application of group psychotherapy and group processes.
- Identify the effect of group work on patient and non-patient populations.
- Articulate and debate the ethical and cultural considerations related to group work, as well as the intercultural considerations in psychotherapeutic training.
- Distinguish the different classifications of groups and the foundations of major approaches to group psychotherapy and group processes.
- Appraise the differences and similarities of the other different types of group practices, such as creative arts, psychoeducational groups, organization consultancy, family therapy and the local or culturally related group psychotherapy practices,like e.g. meditation.
- Get the basic understanding of group dynamics, including stages of group development, therapeutic factors, and group members’ roles and behaviors.
- Outline the basics of planning, conducting, and evaluating groups and learn how to begin and run a group.
- Discover the importance of the personal growth of the group leader as a member, in enriching his role, and reflect upon personal growth as related to personal skills as a group member, a group observer, and a group leader.
- Highlight the importance of co-leading in groups and learn ways toward a successful co-leadership.
- Realize the value of continued development of knowledge, skill and personal growth in developing an established group practice.
- Acknowledge the importance of research in group practices.
- Focus on topics of special importance in India with their group practice such as domestic violence and social discrimination concerning casts.
Dr. Jorge Burmeister
Dr. Jorge Burmeister, Psychotherapist and Psychiatrist, of Spain and Switzerland. Jorge is trained in Psychodrama, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Analytical-Pair Therapy, Family Therapy, Guided Day-Dream Technique, and Jungian Analysis. He is the founding member, FEPTO (Federation of European Psychodrama Training Organisations, www.fepto.com ).He is the Immediate Past President of the International Association for Group Psychotherapy and Group Processes.He is dean, International Summer Academy for Trans-cultural Group Work (Granada, Spain).
Eva Fahlström Borg
Eva Fahlström Borg is a senior licensed Swedish psychotherapist, supervisor and trainer of psychotherapy. She is also a teacher and trainer of psychodrama, Sociodrama, bibliodrama, playback theatre and theater without manuscript.She is a trained Lacanian psychotherapist but works more ecclectic. She trains Restorative Justice and Social Transformations. Eva Fahlstrom Borg has been working with groups for more than 50 years, She is presently Board Member of IAGP and is the Chair of Trauma and Disaster Intervention Team.She has been awarded “Life Time Achievement” by FEPTO (Federation of European Psychodrama Training Organisations), Her motto: Don’t ask for permission to change the world”!
currently works at the Department of Social Psychology and Methodology of Behavioral Sciences., University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea. Cristina does research in Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology and Social Psychology. Their most recent publication is ‘Positive Aging: The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Psychological, Social and Physical Wellbeing’.
Uri Levin is a clinical psychologist, group analyst and organisational consultant. He is a board member of the IIGA (Israeli Institute of Group Analysis) and a board member of the EFPP (European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy). He teaches at the Tel Aviv University and supervises both in individual and group settings. He works mainly at his private practice in Tel Aviv with adults and adolescents.
Who should attend?
Home Makers, Working Professionals, Psychotherapist/ Counsellor, Students of Psychology and Social Work and anyone who is curious to experience Psychodrama – This training will give you additional tools to understand and build your profession.Participants will learn how to prepare, initiate, conduct and terminate their work with groups.
If you are working as a trainer, therapist, team leader, life coach or mentor, if you like a safe space to process your own “stuff”. This is the workshop for you. Those looking to do group therapy sessions for personal growth.
For more details Contact 9884700104 / 9884700135